Media coverage on project site visits of "Korea-Vietnam Mine Action Project" and provision of supportive packages for UXO victims in response to COVID-19

Media coverage on project site visits of "Korea-Vietnam Mine Action Project" and provision of supportive packages for UXO victims in response to COVID-19 attached image

Media coverage on project site visits of "Korea-Vietnam Mine Action Project" and 

provision of supportive packages for UXO victims in response to COVID-19

KOICA Vietnam Office visited Dong Hoi, Quang Binh Province which is one of the project sites of "Korea-Vietnam Mine Action Project (2016-2021/USD 20 million) from May 25th to 27th along with the Deputy Heads of Vietnam Mine Action Center (VNMAC), Mr. Nguyen Van Nghiep and Mr. Giang Cong Bau as well as Ms. Caitlin Wiesen, the Resident Representative of UNDP Vietnam Office.

This visit was the first project site monitoring for Korea-Vietnam Mine Action Project done by Mr. Cho Han-Deog after starting his post as the Country Director of KOICA Vietnam Office. This time, the project site visit also aimed to provide UXO (Unexploded Ordnance) victims with supportive packages to respond to COVID-19 which deteriorated socio-economic difficulties they had been experiencing.

The KOICA team's activities have been covered by a number of media both in English and Vietnamese including Voice of Vietnam, Vietnam News Agency, National Assembly newspaper, Quang Binh News, VTV8, etc. (26 online articles, 5 reports on broadcasting).

Please find the attached file for more detailed information on the media coverage.