[notice] Job Vacancy announcement (~2 January 2019.)
KOREA INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION AGENCY
The KOREA INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION AGENCY (KOICA) is the Korean Government agency in-charge of implementing Korea’s bilateral grant aid and technical cooperation programs. The KOICA Philippines Office is seeking ONE (1) PROGRAM OFFICER for its Project Section:
Position: Program Officer
Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences or other related fields
Good written and verbal command of English
Preferrably having knowledge of Korean Language
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Experience: Minimum 2 years work experience
Professional work experience in government or development sector is preferred
1. Support the implementation of KOICA Training and Scholarship Programs
- Coordinate with partner government agencies and program applicants
- Develop and maintain documents and datas regarding training and scholarship programs
- Assist in the preparation of various written documents necessary for communicating with relevant agencies
- Review application documents
- Conduct interviews and orientations
- Participate in any relevant fora including seminars, workshops, and meetings
- Review and manage all important on-going training and scholarship programs
2. Assist in the implementation of Civil Society Cooperation Programs
- Helpin the preparation of any relevant fora including conferences, seminars, and meetings
- Logistics support for various activities such asconferences, seminars and meetings
3. Provide assistancein the implementation of other programs and projects
4. Administrative works related to the office operation
- Visa issurance, banking work, office management expenses, office lease, administrative support for Korean staff
5. Perform other tasks as may be assigned
6. Clerical work related to the above
Professionalism: Own a sound understanding and knowledge related to International Development. Retain awareness of KOICA and its projects especially on training and scholarship programs. Hold understanding of training and scholarship programs and administrative works. Contribute and perform proficient management skills relevant to the responsibilities hereof. Able to identify problems and contribute to problem-solving.
Working Skills: Relevant skills in using computers especially for documentations. Owns competence in planning, coordinating, and organizing works related to KOICA’s projects especially for scholarship programs and administrative works. Ability to meet the deadlines given. Demonstrates professional competence andcommitment to KOICA; able to think critically to improve its projects and office.
Communication Skills: Good communication skills. Proficient documentation draft skills and speaking skills in a clear and concise manner. Attitude towards understading with other collegues and carefully listen to them. Proficient oral and written English ability.
Team Player: Excellent interpersonal skills – able to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally, with people from a wide variety of cultures and backgrounds. Competent to understand and respect different cultures and backgrounds to achieve organizational goals. Incapable of understand Korean culture and work with Koreans.
Qualified applicants may download the application form from KOICA Philippines website at https://www.koica.go.kr/phl_en and send their curriculum vitae with cover letter to email@example.com by 2 January 2020. The interview is scheduled 9 or 10 January 2020. Tentative start of employment will be in the third week of January 2020(The day when you start working may be changed). Only short-listed applicants will be notified for interview.