The Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) is an Agency of the Republic of Korea responsible for implementing the government’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) program for developing countries. KOICA is proactive in complementing the Government of Tanzania’s development efforts by supporting development programs in three main sectors: education, health, and rural development.
KOICA Tanzania office seeks qualified candidates for the position of Project Manager for management of Education projects. Roles and Responsibilities for each position are as below ;
Project Manager (Tanzania local staff only)
Position : Project Manager
Contract period : 1 year(with a possibility of extension yearly basis).
Duty Station : Tanzania (Dar es Salaam, KOICA Tanzania Country Office)
Brief Position Summary/Responsibilities
The project manager will be in charge of the entire management of education projects conducted by KOICA Tanzania office. Main responsibilities will be 1) Coordinate and conduct relevant activities for a timely management of the projects, 2) Monitor activities and progress, evaluating results and mitigating risks of the projects, 3) Review the project reports; analyze data and conducting research for adequate progress report, 4) Communicate with partners (Government, implementing partners, UN organizations, donor partners), 5) Other related activities to ensure the quality management
1. Must hold a Master’s degree in Education, Social Sciences, International Development, International relations, or relevant field.
Must have at least 7 years of development project management field experience in Africa, particularly in an international development organization (International Organization, International NGO etc.).
2. Must be able to demonstrate strong knowledge in project management and monitoring and evaluation.
3. Must have a strong communication capability, including strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
4. Technical knowhow on education-related interventions is an asset.
5. Fluency in English, especially excellent verbal and written skill is required.
6. Prior experience of KOICA funded agreements or contract is an additional advantage.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
Condition of Employment
1. This position will be required to serve a 3 month probationary period.
2. Employment contract of this position is expected to be renewed yearly basis according to KOICA internal regulation.
Remuneration: KOICA offers a competitive salary and benefits package(international consultant).
A. Basic wage and all taxes and social security benefits related(according to KOICA internal regulation)
B. Annual incentive
C. Medical checkup (once a year)
D. Severance pay
* Note: DSA in case of field visit or away travel is provided.
Mode of application:
Interested candidates should submit 1)cv, 2)cover letter and 3)work plan(2-3 pages) to KOICA(firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 31th of March. If the candidates miss any documents mentioned above, the application will not be reviewed.
The title of the email should be; (KOICA TZ office) Name of position(manager)_(full name)