South Korea-Supported Eye Care Facilities Handed Over to Prevent Avoidable Blindness in Bangladesh
Initiated jointly in 2014 by the governments of Bangladesh and Korea, the project titled "Eye Health Promotion and Prevention of Avoidable Blindness in Selected Areas of Bangladesh", is funded by the South Korean Government with a USD 9.4 million gra...
Students finally return to school as six-hour daily water fetching duty comes to an end
- The KOICA-UNICEF drinking water sanitation cooperation project has concluded in one of Kenya's poverty-stricken regions, ridden by drought for four years- The project provided clean drinking water to 148,000 people and contributed to the improvemen...
The Republic of Korea, the United States, and Japan enter historic partnership in Ghana
Accra, Ghana - The Ambassadors of the Republic of Korea, the United States, and Japan to Ghana, announced a historic partnership, at an event hosted by Ghana s Minister of Health, Honorable Kwaku Agyeman-Manu today (July 25). This agreement between t...
CHANG, Won Sam appointed KOICA President
- Inauguration ceremony held at KOICA headquarters on July 10 - President Chang esteemed as foreign affairs expert with over 40 years experience as career diplomat and in public office, expertise on Asia - Newly appointed president emphasizes KOICA ...
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas visits education center supported by KOICA, conveys thanks
- President of the Palestinian National Authority Mahmoud Abbas visits site of ODA supported by the Korean government/KOICA for the first time- Education center for public officials under the Prime Minister s Office offers 51 training courses a year,...
KOICA recruits global supporters, content creators for WeKO program
- KOICA recruits 130 global creators of various nationalities to promote KOICA and development cooperation- Anyone over the age of 16 and in possession of social media channels can apply to the 5th generation of WeKO- Diverse benefits rewarded to act...
KOICA signs MOU with USAID on health, environment, renewable energy in Pacific Islands region
- Strengthening Korea-U.S. cooperative relations in Pacific Islands region based on Indo-Pacific Strategy- Supporting climate response and economic recovery in Pacific Islands region through Korea-U.S. partnershipKOICA and USAID are strengthening coo...
New ODA landmark KOICA Exhibition Hall opens
- Opening ceremony of the KOICA Exhibition Hall, located in Seongnam, Gyeonggi Province, takes place on May 17- Hall features exhibits on international development cooperation activities led by KOICA, ways forward for cooperation within the internati...
KOICA and Peace Corps sign MOU to strengthen cooperation
- KOICA bolsters field-oriented cooperation and exchanges with U.S. Peace Corps, on occasion of 70th anniversary of ROK-U.S. allianceKorea s representative development cooperation agency KOICA (Korea International Cooperation Agency, Acting President...
For a world where everyone is healthy - KOICA opens maternal and child health ward in mountainous regions of Cambodia
- KOICA opens maternal and child health ward in mountainous region of northeast Cambodia - Ward expected to benefit 120,000 people, including women and young children under the age of 5 - KOICA offers support through medical equipment, health personn...